Piklist v0.9.9.8 and new Documentation

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you read this post before upgrading.

Piklist v0.9.9.8 is now available for download. This version of Piklist is light years ahead of our last public version in terms of stability and security. This version of Piklist also puts us much closer to releasing v1.0.

Additionally, we have restructured and updated our User Guide. As Piklist grew so did our documentation and the way we structured it.

Our new docs can be found at: http://piklist.com/learn.

They are still a work in progress, but you should find they have way more information then the old user guide.

As always, please let us know if you have any questions.

11 thoughts on “Piklist v0.9.9.8 and new Documentation

1. Daniel Aldea says:

Thank you very much!
    I think that the documentation is not so good. Is more like a forum or FAQ than a tutorial.
    Maybe you should organize a documentation not guided by questions but by development process.

Example: I want to add a new post type, so.. I went to post type section, and there are a lot of question about troubles but not the step by step guide… I am really confused.

1. Steve says:

Hi Daniel– Sorry you don’t love the new layout. There’s a lot of information in there. I suggest you start with “Registering Post Types [Tutorial]

1. Stuart Simon says:

I’m not trying to be picky, but that particular tutorial makes use of the piklist() function, which is not well documented itself. The behavior of that function seems to change based on the value of its first argument. It is also unclear if piklist(‘post_type_labels’,’child’,’children’) is valid. Piklist is first and foremost an API, and as such, in my opinion, the API documentation should be written before the tutorials. I appreciate tutorials when I am looking for information about capabilities, but by now I actually need the nuts and bolts.

2. +1 Piklist needs better documentation.

Steve, the design is not the problem, I found some stuff in the forum I have not found in the documentation. Although Piklist seems like a great project ;)

PD: What about the project on Github?

1. Steve says:

The documentation is a work in progress. The first step was organizing properly, making sure all the parameters were represented, and fixing any typos.

It will grow and only become better.

We will move to Github once we hit v1.0.

2. ayron says:

You all did a good job.

3. wpguyfromrussia says:

Nice work, Steve. New documentation layout more intuitive then old one.

1. Steve says:

@wpguyfromrussia– Thanks so much. Glad it works well for you.

4. Marcus says:

I feel like I’m late to the party, but just wanted to say congrats to the both you and Kevin.

Amazing job as always, and I can’t wait to break it. :-)

Marcus

1. Steve says:

Thanks, Marcus! Looking forward to you breaking it as well :)